Skills Coaching - Open Group Booking
You will be part of a "open group" and will be taking part in the session with people who you may not know.
Beginner - This is suitable for those new to Mountain Biking with previous cycling experience. The session will cover basic skills on easy / moderate single tracks that are equivalent to Blue / Green graded trail-centre trails.
Basic skills sessions will typically include:
- Developing good riding practice
- Effective braking and gear changing
- Adopting the ready position
- Using the cone of movement
- Climbing and descending
Intermediate - This is aimed at more experienced mountain bikers. The session will cover intermediate skills on more difficult single track with steeper climbs / descents, small obstacles of roots and rocks and will include features that are equivalent to Red graded trail-centre trails.
Our Intermediate skills sessions will typically include:
- Manual and power assisted wheel lift
- Rear wheel lift
- Manual and power assisted drop off
- Track stand
You can join our skills coaching open group if you are:
- In good health and fit enough for a full days off-road riding
- Aged 16* or over and riding an adult sized mountain bike
(*If you are 14 and over you can take part with a participating adult. Under 16s we will need a signed consent form from a parent / guardian)